With Pride Month coming to an end, I wanted to help celebrate and honour the LGBTQ+ community. We all want to be understood, be accepted into open and loving arms, be part of a safe community, and ultimately, have our stories heard. #HearOurStories is a Pride Month Special focused on hearing a collection of stories from the community about their beloved LGBTQ+ RPG characters.
A major thank you to the folks who so lovingly submitted amazing stories to be shared. They are:
- @Hazel_da_Basil, Interference: @TheOrcZone, https://www.orczone.com/
- @explosiverunes, Interference: https://www.orczone.com, and Roll Like A Girl: @rolllikeagirl, https://www.patreon.com/rolllikeagirl
- @lordneptune, Character Creation Cast: @CreationCast, https://www.blockpartypodcastnetwork.com/charactercreationcast/
- Kendall, Redemption Podcast: @redemptionpod, http://www.redemptionpodcast.com/
- @MoronJenk, Going In Blind: @GoingInBlindDnd, http://goinginblindpodcast.com/
- @starstarparty, Magic Folk Podcast: @MagicFolkPod, http://magicfolk.buzzsprout.com/
- @Mahaffay, Seeks: Guest on @magpies_pod, Cast member of @MouseGuardians
- @NeitherNora, all the podcasts: @holosuitehearts @WhiteLotusPod @PodOfLore @lostlibrarycast, https://norablakeblog.wordpress.com/
- @writing_alchemy, http://writingalchemy.net/
- @Krysmphoenix, amazing human
- Rob, @lobster_writer: https://ko-fi.com/A23718DV
Here are the folks whose twitter submissions I read:
- @Aaron_Cantano, Big Jeremy: https://www. twitter.com/Aaron_Cantano
- @briecs, Beau Taggart: https://www.twitter.com/briecs
- @emilyofarden, Shyree: https://www.twitter.com/emilyofarden
- @cprevas, Bren: https://twitter.com/cprevas
Becca Farrow's d20 Pride Dice Enamel Pins: https://twitter.com/rfarrowster and https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192030523/pride-check-pride-dice-enamel-pins/description
Wizards of the Coast Lambert House Fundraiser: https://www.customink.com/fundraising/lambert_dnd
About the Show
I Am Hear features interviews with people active in the RPG community. The people featured are podcasters, artists, musicians, game designers, crafters, and so much more. I Am Hear is a platform where women, non-binary people, people of colour, and members of the LGBTQ+ community tell their stories and talk about what inspires them to play/create/listen/run RPGs, why representation in tabletop gaming matters, and what they want to see in the various RPG communities.
I Am Hear is ME. It’s saying I’m Here. Hear Me. I belong. I am welcome. I’m not going anywhere.
I Am Hear is YOU. It's saying you’re here. You deserve to be heard. You are welcome. You belong. And please don’t go anywhere. You are wanted.
New episodes release weekly on Tuesdays.